Tuesday 6 December 2011

Mood Boards

I like to begin a project by creating a series of mood boards linked to the subject matter to help comunicate my initial thoughts and ideas.
In this case I have looked at a number of my favourite horror games which I will be referencing throughout my project.


Resident Evil is arguably the largest horror video game franchise with over 15 games released so far and more planned for the future.
Silent Hill is most probably the second largest horror game franchise after resident evil
Bioshock is a 2007 FPS which has a horror elements to it, the game was notable for featuring a distinct art style as it was set in an Art Deco designed underwater city.
More Game Inspiration

Black & White

I recently purchased and have been watching the original twilight zone box set and realised that there aren't many games in black and white so i figured that this may be a good idea/route for my project which could set it apart from other games.
I have looked at some other classic black and white horror/sci-fi movies for inspiration. As they didn't have the technological advances of modern day film to make their movies scary they found alternative ways such as trick with lighting and the contrast in film to induce fear.
A few games in the past have experimented with black and white to varying degrees of success.
(please see my RVJ for more in-depth analysis of the mood boards)

No comments:

Post a Comment